Spring is gone but that doesn’t mean your love for floral decoration has to go with it! Celebrate the spookiest holiday of the season by delving into the fun world of Halloween flowers!
You can try experimenting in two ways, either you can repurpose your old floral decorations into DIY loving Halloween flowers or you can go all out with store-bought bouquets and add Instagram worthy details around your house.
Halloween flowers can not only be used as a great transitional decoration piece but also makes a great gift. Send your loved ones a bouquet to not only express your love for the holiday but also let them enjoy a touch of the warmth that comes with this multi-purpose gift.
We personally love using Halloween flowers when we want to add that touch of the ghostly variety to our house without going full out “graves in the yard”
Disclaimer: No ghost will actually inhabit the decoration, but imagine if they did? Now, THAT would be a STORY!
The best thing about using flowers this time of the year is that a) it is unexpected and will surely get you a compliment or two and b) the subtle nature of the decoration ensures that your house stays a home and doesn’t turn into a showroom of creepy decorations, all the while still adding that Pinterest worthy touch of gloom and doom, so necessary for the season!
If you are brave enough to try the later version of this floral decoration then here are some quick steps to help brighten your home by adding your own unique flair of style and personality to Halloween flowers.
DIY HOLLOWEEN FLOWERS:
Take a quick look around the house and gather up your supplies, you will need:
- Flowers- DUH- Try to look for warm tone flowers, you don’t have to necessarily stick to the typical color tone of orange and black. If you are brave enough to use fresh flowers, don’t! Haha because you will need to change out the flowers every couple of days and we really don’t recommend that. This should be more of a one-day project, rather than a work in progress, throughout the season.
- Vase or Basket- You can easily repurpose an old wicker basket, that almost everyone has lurking in that under sink cabinet, if you are one of the few who don’t, you can easily get one at the dollar store.
Extra Tip: If you are using an old vase or basket, hide away any imperfections by spray painting the base a dark color. This way, you kill two birds with one stone by not only sticking to your Halloween aka spooky theme but also giving your battered and bruised base a new life.
- Decorations- This one is just for fun, but you can easily repurpose loose Halloween decorations and add them to your bouquet of flowers. Now, you finally have a way to use that glitter spider that you have been holding onto since 2003!
Bonus points if you add pumpkins to the Halloween flowers itself!
- Glue Gun- Pretty self-explanatory
- Styrofoam- Use a Styrofoam ball as the base inside your basket or vase to create a strong foundation for your Halloween flowers. The Styrofoam isn’t just only cheap but you probably have some lying around in your house, from one package or another. If you don’t, we are jealous already!
Creating the arrangement itself is pretty easy, make sure you change the length of the stalks to add depth and interest to the flowers.
The best part about creating your own Halloween flowers is that you can be extremely specific to your theme, maybe you are going for a corpse bride look, use grey and black flowers with skeleton hands or even a skull.
You can even use the arrangement outside! Use a pumpkin, as your base and line your driveway with this one of a kind decoration. We apologize in advance for all the random people who will try to take pictures of themselves with your decorations!
No matter what type of Halloween flowers you use, one thing is certain, you are going to be bombarded with compliments on your wonderful taste in decor! And yes, your aunt Rachel will copy the look and you can let her thank us for that! ” wink wink”